Yseop is leading the way in content automation for regulated industries with a human-centric artificial intelligence (AI) platform. Yseop acts as a copilot for analysts and writers, maximizing their efficiency and accuracy by generating reports and insights. With a suite of industry-specific applications and cutting-edge hybrid natural language generation (NLG) technology blended with symbolic, machine learning and large language model techniques, Yseop ensures that even the most complex content automation tasks are met with ease, scalability, and application security across the entire enterprise.
Pharmaceutical companies work against the clock to bring new drugs to market. To streamline the regulatory submission and reporting process, Lilly partnered with Yseop
to generate accurate documentation, at scale, using artificial intelligence.
Before Yseop, 1 patient narrative for a clinical study report required at least 4 hours of data consolidation and cross-functional authoring. Lilly’s process was manual and resource intensive, comprising tedious quality checks, error-prone copying and pasting, and content modeled after hospital discharge notes rather than what ICH E3 requires.
Lilly partnered with Yseop to implement an automated process to draft patient narratives using natural language generation. By automating patient narratives, teams saw immediate value and could focus on more complex, scientific work. With the joint goal of bringing Lilly’s medicines to patients faster, Lilly and Yseop have additional pilot programs in place for other clinical documents.
Business Impact in Year One
- Eliminated 10,000 hours of writing and reviewing time
- Completed 2,300 patient narratives using Yseop and a new, streamlined process
- Accelerated medical review by 200%
- Produced machine-written draft patient narratives in less than a minute
- For each routine patient narrative, saved 20 minutes of quality review time
- For each complex patient narrative, saved 30 minutes of quality review time
- Reduced third party organization spending on patient narratives by 53% compared to the previous year
- Decreased chance of data entry errors
- Increased compliance with regulatory expectations
Within the first 6 months of deployment, the new way of creating patient narratives significantly accelerated submission timelines. Lilly can now produce in seconds what used to take weeks. Each day Lilly uses this technology, the company moves a step closer to advancing life-saving medicines into the hands of those who need them.